Some of our favorite books in our quest to lead lives more connected to the planet, our community and ourselves…go check them out at the library!
– Bowling Alone: The Collapse and Revival of American Community by Robert Putnam: about the decline and current revival/interest in organizations that help knit America together into a community
– Diet for a New America by John Robbins: a compelling mix of agribusiness facts and amazing stories of real life animals arguing the need for a plant-based diet.
– The Omnivore’s Dilemma by Michael Pollan: a fascinating, unbiased book that traces 4 meals back to their source.
– Skinny Bitch by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin: kind of like “THE JUNGLE” for the 21st century.
– Eating in the Raw by Carol Alt: a great beginner book to eating raw
– The Mediterranean Vegan by Donna Klein: all of these recipes are naturally vegan (not vegan versions of a traditional recipe.) Fresh and flavorful this is one of my all time favorite cookbooks
– The Raw 50 by Carol Alt: great book for people interesting in learning to eat raw with recipes from the premiere raw chefs and restaurants in the world
– Skinny Bitch in the Kitch by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin: their falafel recipe is my favorite (although I steam/pan fry it in a cast iron skillet instead of baking it)