No matter your level of cooking ability, my classes are for you!
-On-demand webinars (check out the free intro webinar!): AlegreRamos.teachable.com
-Private Classes: In the SoCal-area? Email me for a private class in your home.
-Public classes for adults or kids at Valley College. No new classes until Winter 2020/2021. SmartURL.it/LAVC-REG
I am also available to travel for private events in homes or offices. If you are looking for a unique party idea or just want to do something fun with your family, I can come to your home. I also facilitate team-building cooking classes for offices that features an inspirational talk beforehand about how cooking has been scientifically shown to increase creativity and decrease stress. Please email me with your idea.
Past classes have included:
- Gluten-free cocktail recipes: deviled eggs, lentil dip, feta bake
- Cake: cake, cupcakes, breads, and frosting
- Italian meal: egg noodles and pasta sauce from scratch
- Mediterranean vegetarian feast: no-fry falafel, tzatziki, and quinoa taboule
- One roast chicken, three meals: roast chicken, enchiladas or nachos, and chicken pot pie or soup
- Pie-making: from sweet to savory and a crust that works for everything
- Mexican food: tacos, red rice, and guacamole
- Cookie: learn how to manipulate your recipes for that perfect texture
- Asian-inspired feast: Asian slaw, dumplings, and stirfry
What’s unique about my classes?
- I teach you to unleash your creativity by learning to cook without recipes, or as I call it “Intuitive Cooking.”
- I teach you the basics of bringing flavors together and cooking to your taste and your budget.
- My #1 tip to help you live a happier, healthier and wealthier life is to cook from scratch 90% of the time, and I’ll explain why in my class.
Here’s what students are saying:
- “Thank you for the excellent cooking class today. I had much fun and really learned a lot. I’ll also have to give kale another try. I am looking forward to your book coming out.” -David Y.
- “We had so much fun! Alegre is inspiring and entertaining and the food is delicious.” -Jeanne L.
- “Great class for someone who hates to cook!” -Judi B.
- “One of the best teachers I’ve ever had!” -Carter S., 10yo
- “I always learn something.” -Mary O. (veteran of multiple workshops)